Who needs to attend T-BOSIET?
Are you new to offshore oil and gas industry?
Or are you returning personnel?
And working in a tropical environment?
Then, you will need the T-BOSIET training.
What to expect from the T-BOSIET training?
In this training, delegates will go through 4 modules:
- MODULE 1: SAFETY INDUCTION
- MODULE 2: HELICOPTER SAFETY AND ESCAPE
- MODULE 3: SEA SURVIVAL
- MODULE 4: FIREFIGHTING and SELF RESCUE
However, the delegates must be physically and mentally capable of participating fully.
Therefore OPITO-approved training centres are required, as a minimum, to ensure that prior to participating in practical exercises the delegate either:
- Possess a valid, current offshore medical certificate or
- Possess an operator approved medical certificate, or
- Undergoes medical screening by completing an appropriate medical screening form provided by the OPITO-approved centre (a list of medical conditions which could be included in a medical screening form is available from OPITO).
Where to attend T-BOSIET?:
Southern region of Malaysia or Singapore:
MSTS Johor Training Centre
Oasis Complex, Johor Port,
81700 Pasir Gudang,
Tel: +607 252 2108
Central Region or East Coast Malaysia:
MSTS Cherating Training Centre
Lot 2014, Mukim Sungai Karang,
Cherating, 26100 Kuantan,
Tel: +609 581 9049
Sabah and Sarawak :
MSTS Miri Training Centre
Lot 2984, Block 5, Block G,
Jalan Peninsula, Kampung Pulau Melayu,
98000 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Tel: +608 5415 815
Not sure where to go?
Get recommendation by contacting MSTS Head Office:
Tel: +606 292 2069
Speak to MSTS consultants to get the training available dates, medical check-up, and accommodation near to the training centre.
- T-BOSIET with Emergency Breathing System (EBS)
- T-BOSIET including Travel Safely by Boat
- T-BOSIET with Emergency Breathing System (EBS) and Travel Safely by Boat
My validity of T-BOSIET is expiry soon! What to do?
If your certificate validity is going to expire, you should take refresher course or called as Tropical Further Offshore Emergency Training (T-FOET) to extend the validity. The duration for T-FOET is only 1-day.
However, should the certificate expired, you will need to retake T-BOSIET, the 3-days course.
Wait, what is the difference between T-BOSIET and BOSIET?
T-BOSIET is for warm waters / tropical countries whilst BOSIET covers the validity for both warm and cold waters.
But, if you only working in tropical region, then T-BOSIET will be sufficient for you.
If I have BOSIET certificate, could I take T-FOET?
Yes, sure. And vice versa. If you have T-BOSIET, you are allowed to take FOET certification too.
Download OPITO Standards for T-BOSIET here.
Call +606 292 2069
MSTS Asia is the leading safety provider in Asia Region and the first centre to be approved by OPITO with almost 20 years of experience in the industry.