Want to save cost and utilise Singapore Government's Training Fund for OPITO BOSIET and FOET?
MCF Training Grant Available for Singaporean or Singaporean Permanent Resident (SPR)
The Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF) Training Grant is available at MSTS Singapore. The MCF will provide a 50% Training Grant of the course fees (at promotional price 🤩) for the following:
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training (with Emergency Breathing System) and
Travel Safely By Boat (BOSIET + BT)
- Further Offshore Emergency Training with EBS (Emergency Breathing System) and Travel Safely by
Boat (FOET + BT)
Who can qualify
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Self-sponsored individuals, or employees sponsored by business entities/organisations registered or incorporated in Singapore*. They must not be receiving any other form of financial assistance from another government body for the same course except for SkillsFuture Credit or SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit (SFEC)**
- For classroom-based and live, online learning courses, attendees must attain at least 75% attendance
- For e-learning courses, attendees must complete all modules and pass the assessment(s)
*Sponsored employees must not be Public Officers.
**Self-sponsored applicants may utilise SkillsFuture Credit on the nett amount after MCF subsidy if it is a Skillsfuture Credit-eligible course. Please refer to: https://www.myskillsfuture.gov.sg/content/portal/en/training-exchange/course-landing.html
Employers who are eligible for SkillsFuture Enterprise Credit (SFEC) may utilise the Credit on the net amount if it is an approved training course listed in the Enterprise Portal for Jobs and Skills. Please refer to: https://www.enterprisejobskills.gov.sg/content/redesign-jobs/sfec.html
How to apply (for participants)
- New! Application-less regime: Applicants are not required to submit an application for MCF co-funding support if they wish to pursue any of the certifiable courses in the MCF pre-approved list. Applicants can make use of the MCF-CC self-assessment checklist to check their eligibility for MCF grant support. Eligible applicants can submit their claims within one year from the date of successful completion of course.
- Applicants can enquire on availability of funding support for relevant courses not in the pre-approved list by emailing to email@example.com.
*Courses must be listed in the SkillsFuture course directory.
How to apply for course pre-approval (for training service providers)
- For claimants whose application has been approved earlier, please submit a copy of the awarded certification and proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion of the course, and no later than 3 months after the end of the course.
- For claimants on application-less regime, please submit the MCF-Certifiable Course claim form, no later than one year from the date of completion^ of course. The following documents would be required for the submission:
- Copy of NRIC (front and back) of course participant
- Copy of course completion certificate
- Copy of invoices and receipts for course fees
- Copy of e-signature of authorised company representative
- Copies of relevant bank statement or remittance advice to show the equivalent payment in Singapore dollars or the foreign exchange rate used.
- Participants who have received MCF support are obligated to serve the maritime industry for 1 year after the course completion
^The course completion date refers to date of conferment of degree or date of issuance as indicated on the certificate of completion.
All the terms and conditions applied
Limited seats are available.
Approval is subject to the fulfilment of all eligibility criteria. MPA reserves the right to reject any application or claim in the event of failure from participants/businesses to comply or observe any of the eligibility criteria.
Contact now for more info and booking:
Phone: +65 6515 8193
Address: No. 67, Tuas South Avenue 1, 637579 Singapore